Re: Forwarded: Re: event insurance

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Forwarded: Re: event insurance
From: "Steven T. Ekstrand" <cyberlaw@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 28 Jan 2003 10:04:02 -0800
> We use K&K too... There is NO confusion! One car at a time, period.

Sounds like you need two courses.....  Very close together....

K&K insures my car club and the two large shows we conduct each year.  We
have a provision for rallies and autocrosses.  They require a seperate fee
from our normal premium, the fee is based on total number of club members
and all participants must be club members.   I thought the insurance was
very cheap relatively speaking, but I forget the actual number.

I also figured we'd do a split course.  Car cannot enter first course until
car ahead leaves it.  Car is red flagged at end of first course if car ahead
hasn't cleared course two.  Time is based on total of course one and course
two times.

We're a car club, not an autocross club.  But we've given strong
consideration to putting on a small event once a year for our members.  A
lot of old mopar owners are starting to set their cars up for handling.  If
we do it, I'll probably ask some of our local hotshoes to come instruct and
demonstrate how its done.  We have to make them members of the car club in
order for them to participate, but I don't see a problem with that.

Steve Ekstrand
CalClub