Re: Oil Change Intervals

To: "Graeme Weston-Lewis" <gweston@lsil.com>, "Autox"
Subject: Re: Oil Change Intervals
From: "Eric Linnhoff" <knuckledragger@kcweb.net>
Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 19:46:21 -0600
> When I lived in the UK, oil change intervals on my Mini 850 were
12,000miles or 12 months.  That was 20 years ago!  This 3000 mile
> nonsense is solely to keep places like Jiffy-Lube in business.
=================================
What it's for is the stupid American car owner who doesn't check their oil
level, ever.  All they do is put gas in and go.

I run Amsoil at extended drain intervals (change it 2, maybe 3 times a year)
and have samples of it analyzed periodically by a lab.  The results always
come back "oil suitable for continued use".  So I do.

Eric Linnhoff
www.geocities.com/eric10mm/KnuckleDragger
"Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone
you may still exist but you have ceased to live."
Mark Twain