Re: Old Dominion Club Badges

To: pethier@isd.net
Subject: Re: Old Dominion Club Badges
From: "Gregory W. Smith" <mr.beachcomber@juno.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 10:54:21 -0500
> >  Old Dominion Sports Car Club: Blue background with rebel
> flagin
> > center over black and white checkered background. I assume
> Virginia, but
> > what town?

Sorry, but the badge in question is not that of the Old Dominion Region
of the SCCA.  Our badge is a red heraldic shield divided into quadrants
on a circular field of black.  The first quadrant shows a sea horse (the
Atlantic ocean is our eastern boundary), the second quadrant is crossed
checkered flags, the third quadrant is a cardinal on a dogwood branch
(state bird and tree), and the fourth quadrant is a stopwatch.  The black
circular field is surrounded by a Kelly green border with the words "Old
Dominion Region" on the upper hemisphere of the border and the words "
Sports Car Club of America" on the lower hemisphere.

I cannot find any mention of  ODSCC in our archived newsletters so I
cannot say for certain it was a precursor for ODR.  I have checked to see
if the Old Dominion Sports Car Club was registered with any of  various
car club councils in Virginia without any luck either.  I'll check with
members of the local British car clubs to see if anyone there remembers
ODSCC.

- Greg Smith, ODR-SCCA RE