Precision

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Precision
From: James Rogerson <jrogerson@Houston.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 18:23:19 -0600
Did the Precision event this weekend.  It was great!

Back to back runs on hot tires for everyone.  Second driver has to wait for
tires to cool down.  You get three heats of two runs to establish you're
class position and move to bonus rounds.  The car owner and I weren't
overly focused on winning class, and that was a mistake.  We were intent on
making the top ten (which I did), but contingency take home would be have
been higher if I'd just gotten that position nailed down, instead of trying
to learn the very fast line for top ten run off position.  As it turned out
I coned (the same damn one) on both my top ten runs and lost position as a
result.  That's just the way it goes, but I thought overall finish decided
class position.  It doesn't, your first six runs do.  So next weekend I'm
going for the class win first and just let the chips fall where they may
during the next sets of runs.  Assuming I drive well enough to make all
that happen.

Special thanks to Jim and Diane Hedderick for allowing me to run the family
boxster.  What a great car.  I ran a raw time yesterday in the rain that
was within .2 of my best run today in the cold and dry.  Man, I loved the ride.

James Rogerson
FP #125