Pylon for February 2003

To: "Team.net" <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Pylon for February 2003
From: "John F. Kelly Jr." <76067.1750@compuserve.com>
Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 01:16:59 -0500
Today, Feb. 21, 2003, we mailed the February 2003 issue of North American
Pylon.

Lead story this month cover the SCCA Cal Club season opener at Hollywood
Park, the horse racing track, in southern California just off Interstate
10. They had a 344 driver field.
        And we covered the Jan. 26 Super Bowl Sunday SCCA San Francisco
Region "Boondoggle" season opener at the Network Associates Coliseum in
Oakland, CA. Da Raidahs were busy blowing the Super Bowl in San Diego.

        Events are a bit few and far between this time of year. We also
covered SF Region's second event at Candlestick Park in San Francisco and
we have a feature on the region's re-do of their Timing and Scoring
motorhome, a very classy affair.

        We have a site map of the new autocross site west of Phoenix, AZ.
The 800' x 800' site didn't take up the whole property so Dan Maloney built
a 2.5-mile road course, too.
        This issue goes to all the former Stopwatcher readers in the
Washington, DC, area.

        Inside we have stories on
                Carroll Shelby's new 289 Cobra for the street. Ol' Shel is
now 90 years old!
                Another Paul Haney chapter on shock absorbers.
                Another Bryan Beckman piece on the Physics of Racing.
                PROrg's first two events at Tallladega and Houston.

        We salute C Prepared with a feature that includes photos of 22 CP
drivers and their cars that didn't trophy---this time--at the 2002 Solo II
Nationals.

        We have a feature on General Motors' new 3.6-liter V6 with Double
Overhead Cams and four valves per cylinder. There's variable valve timing
for both intake and exhaust. Zoomy stuff from the General. Seth Emerson
describes all the V6s ever used in the now-discontinued Camaro.

Columns by
        -Pat Kelly on The Stopwatcher, pre-registration, and SF region's
new logo, four versions!
        -Ben Thatcher on the PROrg's first event at Talladega.
        -Editor John Kelly on why Tube frame cars are here to stay.
        -Lorenzo the Scribe whiles away the Pittsburgh winter building
model cars.
        -Eris Salem, the sage of Nebraska, gets into putting a Mustang 5.0
into a Volvo.
        -Larry MacLeod interviews Steve Couture about his on-line
registration system.
        -Charles Belle describes his experiences driving a Suzuki Aerio.

Plus, two pages of Garage Sale. Seel your car here.
        And, our calendar has grown to over five full pages

The February issue should be arriving at subscriber's homes shortly.
If you want in, take a peek at our web page: <www.napylon.com>

Or, subscribe by calling 1-800-58-KELLY during 9-5 business hours, PST. and
charging the $24 annual 12-issue price to your Visa or MasterCard.
or,
        Send a check or money order to:
                North American Pylon
                P.O. Box 1203
                Pleasanton, CA 94566-0120

or, FAX your name and address and your Visa or MasterCard number to
1-925-846-7728.
It operates 24/7. We'll charge the $24 to your card and start you with the
next issue.
        Attention all Stopwatcher subscribers who also subscribe to Pylon.
Your Pylon subscription has been extended by six months.

--John Kelly, editor, North American Pylon