RE: Slick Classes Run Later (was Nationals Solo II

To: "'Jeff Winchell'" <Jeff@Winchell.Org>, <autox@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Slick Classes Run Later (was Nationals Solo II
From: "Bruce Haden" <bhaden@ucsd.edu>
Date: Wed, 14 May 2003 14:02:18 -0700
FYI to all. At least here in San Diego our contract with the Stadium is
such that "race-prepped" cars (I don't know the exact language) can't
run before 11:00 or something like that. That requirement would skew any
stats you might have. It's kind of silly since most of the really loud
cars seem to be in Stock and SP. The Mod and Prepared cars usually have
to go the extra mile to be quiet enough around here (93 dba @ 50') and
the S and SP guys seem to go the extra mile to get louder. ;-)
****

Subject: Slick Classes Run Later (was Nationals Solo II Championship)

Unfortunately, this bias appears to already exist, at least in the
National
Tours. :(

Over 24 National Tours that I have in my database, open classes running
slicks were in the first Heat only 10% of the time. Based on the varying
number of heats in those events, if it were purely random they would
have
been in Heat 1 21% of the time.... far outside of the possibility of
random
chance.

I haven't looked at Nationals yet since I don't have that many events in
my
database yet.