Pick The Winners contest

To: <autox@autox.team.net>, <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: Pick The Winners contest
From: "Josh Sirota" <josh@sirota.org>
Date: Mon, 11 Aug 2003 17:57:22 -0700
With nearly 150 entrants in the three days since I put the contest entry form
up, we're starting to see some solid patterns.
   http://www.sirota.org/picks/totals/results.html

While the news networks would have already called most of these races if it
were election day, there are still a couple that are too close to call.  For
example:

Hardest class to pick a single winner:

    STS: Heyward Wagner (16%) vs. Chris Shenefield (14%)
        Heyward's got 16% of the picks, the lowest of any "leader," AND the
closest to 2nd place (2%).  Wonder what will happen when Kevin McCormick
finally sends in his entry?
    DSPL: Kathy Leicester Wolfskill (37%) vs. Mary Medicus (34%).  The closest
ladies class.  FPL a close second.

The news networks would have no trouble with some of these classes though:

Easiest class(es) to pick a winner (with more than one entrant):

   FSL: Diane Lapusnak (83%) vs. Crissy Weaver (6%)

Easiest open class to pick:

   SS: Erik Strelnieks (61%) vs. Chris Ramey (15%)
      Amazing: SS with such a huge margin.  This used to be "anybody's" class.
EP usually reigns as the winner in this category, but no John Thomas on the
entry list yet.

Keep the entries coming in!  Entry form here:
   http://www.sirota.org/picks

Josh