RE: Subject: Re: shop manuals

To: "'Mark Andy'" <mark@sccaprepared.com>,
Subject: RE: Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: "Eric Salem" <eric@mail.brown911.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:23:39 -0600
<<
In classes other than BP/CP with American 6 or 8 cylinder motors, you're

required to have a block with stock dimensions, stock stroke, etc.

FP is mostly Porsche air-cooled flat-six motors and Mazda rotories.
Neither of which have a block.

That's my point. The idea that stock rules can be proprigated to
Prepared is insulting to the Prepared not-big-detroit-iron crowd and I'm
probably not the only one that thinks less of the PAC and SEB for
bringing it up without researching how it would effect our cars.

If the Comment for put out for comment had a rational for the change
that would be something different, but as stated in FasTrack it strikes
a person as shot directly against older sports cars, all BMW's,
tube-frame cars and everybody who's factory shop manual costs more than
dinner at Baby Doll's in Topeka.

Mark, I mean no disrepect to you personally. But the only way I can even
imagine making a rule like this is to chase all cars out of prepared.

Have some respect for the dying. Let prepared die it's own death.