Re: shop manuals

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: shop manuals
From: Smokerbros@aol.com
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2004 22:19:49 EST
rasmussend@mindspring.com writes:

> In regard to suspension spec's in factory shop manuals:
>
> Even when factory manuals are available for a reasonable price they won't
> necessarily include the relevant (for Stock autocrossing compliance
> determination/documentation purposes) information.

My reference to suspension was in reference to the OBD II question.  I have
seen protests on stock suspensions solved by FSMs, too.  If you supply your FSM
and it doesn't have that info, burden of proof shifts to the protestor.
You've done your part by supplying the required info.

> What is someone who buys a car used supposed to do to verify legality? They
> don't necessarily know the history of the car and even the factory manuals

BELIEVE me, I hear ya' on THIS one!  Been there, been DSQed!

Charlie