Re: autox stuff: BM protest

To: "Terry Green" <tmgreen3@cox.net>, "autox" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: autox stuff: BM protest
From: Dick Rasmussen <rasmussend@mindspring.com>
Date: Thu, 08 Apr 2004 20:19:35 -0400
At 04:39 PM 4/8/2004 -0500, Terry Green wrote:
>At the nats,  I think that there was a BM protest about the weight of the
>winning car.
>can anyone tell me where i could read more on this. I take my "sport car" to
>work and now i don't have them..
>thanks Terry Green

My understanding (not official) is that the protest was about what
constitutes a 2 seat sports racer since the minimum weight is higher in
Solo II for a single seat sports racer. The protestor's opinion was (and
apparently still is) that the subject car did not "really" have room (as
defined by roll bar structure and maybe seat size/location) for two people
and therefore was an underweight single seater. The owner's position was
that the car was no different than traditionally accepted road racing "two
seat" sports racers back when the rules in road racing distinguished
between two seat and single seat cars. I "think" the car and/or design was
homologated by SCCA. Protest committee and appeals board (SEB) agreed with
owner.

Dick Rasmussen
CM 85
85 Van Diemen FF