Re: Looking for P7000 Supersport tire

To: "P.Herder" <p.herder@cox.net>,
Subject: Re: Looking for P7000 Supersport tire
From: Matt Murray <mattm@optonline.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 20:04:51 -0400
Thanks to all who replied. Turns out the wheel (s) were never the
size and design delivered with the vehicle. They came off of a
C36 Mercedes. Found a place in Georgia that had a wheel that had
a slight mark (rub?) with matching stamping numbers. Deal.

The tires do not exist anywhere. I even contacted Pirelli. On go
some Sumitomos, for $89 each from the SCCA Solo 2 National
sponsor Tire Rack. Town Fair (local tire chain) "matches," well
they say
they match within $20 of internet deals. And mounting is free.
Okay, how much to balance? $10.95 plus $2.95 for the stem. Found
a local shop that'll do my Tirerack tires for $12 to mount. Town
Fair sez they'll "discount" the alignment. Great. POS alignment.
:^^

Matt Murray