Re: [evolution-disc.] e36 bmw suspension tuning question

To: mark@sccaprepared.com
Subject: Re: [evolution-disc.] e36 bmw suspension tuning question
From: Ghsharp@aol.com
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 15:49:52 EDT
In a message dated 8/2/2004 3:34:00 PM Eastern Standard Time,
mark@sccaprepared.com writes:

> At the time I wrote it off to the swaybar bushings being stiff and
> resisting the motion.  Your comments have me wondering if it wouldn't be a
> good idea to unbolt the front bar and try it again / clean &lubricate the
> chassis bushings.
>
> The main thing that's making me doubt the shocks is that adjusting them
> doesn't seem to have any affect whatsoever.

Mark,

When you and I discussed the problem before I left the Evo school last
week, I didn't think of the possibility of suspension binding at the time,
but I completely agree with Dick that could be the cause.  That would
also explain why your shocks don't seem to do anything differently when
you adjust them...if the suspension binds up before it moves any significant
distance, the shock never gets to "do anything", so any adjustments to the
shock setting wouldn't be apparent.

GH