RE: [evolution-disc.] e36 bmw suspension tuning question

To: "Mark Andy" <mark@sccaprepared.com>
Subject: RE: [evolution-disc.] e36 bmw suspension tuning question
From: "Andy Hollis" <awhollis@swbell.net>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2004 16:46:44 -0500
> From: Mark Andy [mailto:mark@sccaprepared.com]

> At the time I wrote it off to the swaybar bushings being stiff and
> resisting the motion.  Your comments have me wondering if it
> wouldn't be a
> good idea to unbolt the front bar and try it again / clean &
> lubricate the
> chassis bushings.

Mark,

Most every aftermarket sway bar I've ever gotten has needed some
modification to the bushings, if it came with urethane.  They are almost
always too tight.  And lube is just a temporary fix.  Solution is simple,
pull out the urethane bushing, and take some material off the flat surface
of the "D".  Rubbing on concrete is the easy way.  Put it back in, tighten
up and see if you can move the bar without bind.  Repeat as necessary.

Or maybe your bar uses rubber and I'm all wet?  :-)

--Andy