Tow dolly towing?

To: <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tow dolly towing?
From: "Keath Marx" <larrybulk@marx.ws>
Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:06:49 -0400
In the past I heard some negative remarks regarding towing a race car with a
tow dolly.  How is this harder on a front drive car than pulling a trailer
to the event or even carrying the tires and supplies in the car?

I am asking because we are thinking about the possibility of towing my 02
Celica GT to races with our Subaru 2.5 GT Wagon.  The vehicle has a
manufacturer rated towing capacity of 2700 lbs.

The celica is listed as weighing ~2500 pounds.  With a tow dolly would it be
feasible to tow it with this car?  The car will have automatic and is rated
at 250 hp and 250 lb torque.

Thanks