Re: Tow dolly towing?

To: autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tow dolly towing?
From: Steven J Miller <sjm@us.ibm.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2004 08:21:58 -0400
>Date: Thu, 26 Aug 2004 22:06:49 -0400
>From: "Keath Marx" <larrybulk@marx.ws>
>Subject: Tow dolly towing?

>In the past I heard some negative remarks regarding towing a race car with
>tow dolly.  How is this harder on a front drive car than pulling a trailer
>to the event or even carrying the tires and supplies in the car?
snip...

You may want to check the legality of towing with a tow dolly in the states
in which you will be driving. A friend's daughter was stopped in New Jersey
a number of years ago and was told that the car had to be either all four
wheel on the ground or all four off, but dollies were not allowed. There
may also be an issue of whether the car has to be registered to be towed
with a dolly (as it does in some areas if it is completely on the ground).

Steve Miller
1984 RX-7 GSL-SE