FS: 1986 RX-7, good/reliable commuter car

To: evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com, autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: FS: 1986 RX-7, good/reliable commuter car
From: "David Fauth" <dfauth@frii.com>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:33:34 -0600 (MDT)
For Sale - 1986 Mazda RX-7, base w/sport package (stiffer springs, big
brakes (4-pot front!), etc.)
only 78,500 miles!!, 5-speed, PS, A/C, Cruise, power sunroof, tinted rear
window

This is a great, reliable, reasonably-fun, commuter car for those not
wanting to put miles on their favorite car.  I bought it 1.5 years ago
when I was commuting to Colo. Springs rather than put the miles on my
Type-R.  Now that I've got a job just a few miles from my house, though,
I'd like to get that 4th car off of the insurance policy!

The Good:
Engine runs GREAT, no problem starting cold or hot
Good mechanical condition
No electrical problems (other than interior clock doesn't work)
New (< 1 year?) Tokico Illumina 5-setting adjustable struts front/rear
New clutch assembly (disc/pplate/pilot bearing/throwout), Redline in tranny
New battery
New alternator
New (3k?) snow tires (handles snow better than my FWD Integra w/snow tires!)
25mpg highway, 20mpg city
Interior is in good condition (one rip in driver seat shoulder area)
No rust!

The less-than-good <g>:
Oxidized paint
Oil pan gasket leaks some (used oil pan ~$35)
Needs PS pump (used can be had for ~$20)
A/C not currently blowing cold (I'm told A/C needs new compressor--used
for ~$40?)
Good-sized dent in driver-side rear fender (pictures available...neighbor
backed into it a couple weeks ago...no collateral damage, though)

The oil leak is not large enough to have to worry about running out <g>,
but is more than just a few drops here and there.  The PS pump will be
EASY to replace (front, top of motor!) but can be easily driven (and has
for several months) without it.

Kelly Blue Book and Edmunds have retail around $3200, private party around
$2150.  Given the few "less-than-good" items on the car, I'm asking $1750
or best offer.

I'm willing to consider trades involving 18x10" wheels (for E36 BMW)
and/or newer open-car trailers (18'+), too!

I can send pics to those interested and/or arrange a time to see it.  I'm
in south-east Aurora, SE suburb of Denver.

Thanks!
David Fauth
dfauth@frii.com