SEB Recomendations - Board of Director Approvals

To: autox@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: SEB Recomendations - Board of Director Approvals
From: "Rick Cone" <rickcone@bellsouth.net>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2004 09:25:22 -0400
All of this talk of the changes for next year brings me to remind everyone
of this:

The SEB only recommends changes to the Board of Directors.  Its the BOD that
approves or rejects those changes.  The BOD is made up of 13 Area Directors,
that you as SCCA members elect.  In addition to approving/rejecting changes,
they also approve or reject the members of the SEB.

I too have been frustrated by SEB decisions in the past, we all have.  But
this year I decided to do something about it and am running for the Area 12
Director opening.  (Area 12 is the north half of the SEDIV)

Those that are currently complaining, I ask you this... Did you vote in your
last area director voting?  Do you know who your director is?  Have you
voiced any of your concerns to them?  I'm sure many of you have and that's
good.  That's how its supposed to work.  Those that haven't voted or know
their director make sure you vote next time.  In some ways I liken it to
complaining about George Bush but choose not to vote in Presidential
election.

Rick Cone
Area 12 Director Nominee