Mr Chase in the NYT

To: Evolution <evolution-discussions@yahoogroups.com>,
Subject: Mr Chase in the NYT
From: Mike Shields <mshields@mac.com>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 2004 14:01:44 -0400
Randy Chase gets quoted in a NYT article on the color Yellow being the
new Red for cars

http://www.nytimes.com/2004/10/29/automobiles/29YELL.html?
pagewanted=2&ei=5090&en=b083e8415beb9469&ex=1256788800&partner=rssuserla
nd

        Aside from its powerful psychological messages, yellow's
        flashiness can also have practical effects. Randy Chase,
        46, a product designer from San Diego, picked saffron
        yellow for his 2005 Lotus Elise, which he bought in August,
         partly because the car sat so low to the ground. "I didn't
         want to get run over," he said. "I thought yellow would
        stand out more."

        He hasn't had any problems standing out so far. In the
        first month that he owned the car, he was pulled over twice
        by police officers  but not for speeding. They only wanted
        to ask him about the car. "It screams out for attention a
        little more than I expected," Mr. Chase said. "It's hard to
        drive down the street without people yelling at you."

-Mike