RE: SCCA Club Racing Announces New Entry Level Track Program

To: ".Team.Net" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SCCA Club Racing Announces New Entry Level Track Program
From: "Charles R Schultz" <k4cay@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 18:43:25 -0600
Here's what it looks like to me:

First, Solo 2 becomes just Solo.  This is the only event now listed in the
Solo rulebook.

If you then look at the Time Trials Rules, you find there that:

HPCCC becomes PDC. (level 1 time trial event)

Solo Trials becomes Club Trials. (level 2)

Solo 1 becomes Track Trials. (level 3)

Hill climb becomes Hill Climb.  (level 4)

The Time Trials Rules are said to be all a competitor needs to understand
and compete in these events, except where car prep is controlled by a
reference to the GCR.

Time Trials events are all now under the CRB.

This actually looks like a fairly sensible transition from level 0 (Solo) to
level 5 (club racing) with fun stops at each level where some will choose to
stay for a variety of reasons.

Also, it appears that PDC will be easier to administer than HPCCC (fewer
restrictions, such as speed limits, licensing requirements for officials,
and easier staffing requirements,)  and Club Trials appears to allow using
facilities such as go-kart tracks and little "test tracks" like our
Talladega Gran Prix Raceway (no, not _that_ Talladega) instead of being
restricted to Really Big Parking Lots(TM) as I believe Solo Trials was.

Track Trials and Hill Climbs look unharmed.

I think that, once the confusion clears away, most will find this a nice set
of rules to work with.

YMMV, etc., etc.

Chuck Schultz
Alabama Region