RE: SCCA Club Racing Announces New Entry Level Track Program

To: "'.Team.Net'" <autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: SCCA Club Racing Announces New Entry Level Track Program
From: "Charles R Schultz" <k4cay@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Feb 2005 20:43:45 -0600
Well, despite official denials to the contrary, I think the PDC development
is to give regions an opportunity to serve members by sanctioning a very
popular type of event previously the specialty of the marque clubs, NASA,
and others.  It's a relatively safe way to give people a chance to see if
they are interested in the extra (mental and financial) challenges of high
speed events before they dive head-first into club racing or make the
intermediate step of Track Trials.

It's nice to have the opportunity to taste all sorts of ways of playing with
cars without giving money to other organizations and wondering about their
insurance and safety standards.

As for "why," I guess we could ask that about any of the other club programs
we aren't personally interested in.

Chuck Schultz

P.S.  BTW, the last I heard, the folks making the decisions were volunteers,
not paid.  ;^)