NASA#2/CSCC#1 Mather Auto-X 3/5/2000

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: NASA#2/CSCC#1 Mather Auto-X 3/5/2000
From: CKannan@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 15:06:48 EST
Hi all:
These are the run groups for our next event at Mather on March 5th.  Hope
we'll see you there.

NASA Points Autocross #2  Hosted by Competition Sports Car Club
"Drive It Like A Pizza Guy"
SUNDAY, MARCH 5, 2000
Mather Airport, Rancho Cordova, CA
RUN/WORK GROUP SCHEDULE

Event Chair: Tom Kubo
Course Design: Chris Kannan and Lee Sutton.

8:00 AM Walk Through
8:45 AM Drivers Meeting

               Run      Work Groups Classes
9:00 AM 1       3   DSP, VS, VSP, STS
            2       4   DS, ES, FS, GS, HS
11:30 AM    3       1   AS, BS, CS
            4       2   CSP, FSP
2:00 PM Walk Through
2:15 PM Drivers Meeting

               Run      Work Groups Classes
2:30 PM 5       6   ASP, BSP, SS, Prepareds, Mods,
            6       5   ESP, OSP, KARTs, STR
NASA
Parallel women's classes run with each open class.  Classes listed are the
same as SCCA National classes with the exception of Vintage Stock (VS),
Vintage Street Prepared (VSP) for cars over 25 years old, and OSP (Open
Street Prepared) open to any car that does not fit in a regular Street
Prepared category and must be street registrable.  Tech and Registration will
be open at 7:45 AM until 2:00 PM.  Please plan to arrive early enough to get
your car teched prior to your grid time.  You risk forfeiture of points &
trophies, if your car is not on grid before it closes.  You must run with
your class to qualify for trophies.  All drivers must work the event or you
will not qualify for trophies or year end points.  You may run out of group
for no points.  All drivers must have a valid driver's license.  Drivers
under 18 must have a signed parental waiver and license or permit.

CSCC
Additional classes recognized by CSCC, for our Series, are Street Touring
(STS), Street Touring with racing tires (STR) and Street Tire/STouring
(Street Tire/ST).  Street Tire classes run with each open class, I.E: Street
Tire/ST with STS, Street Tire/BS with BS, Street Tire/CSP with CSP, etc. If
you are running the Street Tire Class, write Street Tire first and then your
class on your registration card, I.E:  Street Tire/DS.

ENTRY:  $25.00 per person.  Helmet deal:  we will trade your outdated open
faced helmet for one free entry + fun runs.  Details at registration.

TECH:  All cars must pass a tech (safety) inspection with no leaks, tight
wheel bearings, secure battery mounts, good brakes and tires, and no loose
objects.  No SUV vehicles (Jeeps).  Seat belts & helmets (loaners available)
are required.  95 dba @ 100 ft sound limit.  No drugs or alcohol allowed on
site.  Speed limit in the pits is 5 MPH.

AWARDS:  Points will be awarded to all finishers in each class.  To qualify
for season trophies in class or PAX, you must have attended more than 50% of
the events.  NASA/X 2000 series awards will be presented at the NASA A/X
banquet in January 2001.  NASA track days will be awarded to top PAX points
leader.

DIRECTIONS:  Take Hwy 50 exit at Sunrise Blvd.  Take Sunrise Blvd. South for
4 or 5 miles to the light at Douglas.  Turn right on Douglas.  Follow Douglas
to the end of the road, a T intersection.  Then go straight across the
intersection onto Mather Airfield.  Follow the road around to the left to the
site.

SITE REQUIREMENTS:  Please make sure that you do not exceed the posted speed
limits on airport property (except while on course during your autox runs!)
FAA regulations STRICTLY FORBID cars from driving out on the runways.  DO NOT
go exploring around, this will only get us kicked off the site!  Local law
enforcement agencies are aware of our presence, please be cool.  Please make
sure you pick up ALL of your trash.

For more information call CSCC Prez: Tom Kubo (916) 351-0380, Mr. Bob
Haugland at (916) 428-7640 or NASA's Dennis Hale at (831) 336-2444.