cobra and PRO-formance Shocks

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: cobra and PRO-formance Shocks
From: Black94PGT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Mar 2000 17:49:17 EST
does anyone have any experience with this company:

PRO-formance Shocks, Inc.
1715 Lakes Parkway
Lawrenceville, GA 30043
www.proshocks.com

im looking to upgrade the suspension on my 65 cobra replica and am
considering rear coil overs.  the rear axle is pretty wild except under full
throttle in a straight line. it definitely needs stiffer springs but i dont
want to lower it as it currently has 4.5" of clearance and still scrapes a
little on my driveway.  this company was what was recommended to me.

i dont know what the springs on it now are, but they are really soft- the
suspension will bottom on bad highway dips at speed.  maybe the shocks are
shot.  the basic coilovers use 200# springs... the car weighs only 2100 lbs.
some people use 450# springs which seems crazy stiff to me...  might as well
weld the axle to the frame. :)

-James Creasy
President, BAPOC www.klio.net/probe
CSP rx7 www.klio.net/rx7