Re: cobra and PRO-formance Shocks

To: Black94PGT@aol.com
Subject: Re: cobra and PRO-formance Shocks
From: Dan Williamson <muyrapido@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 3 Mar 2000 01:47:04 -0800 (PST)
Actually I do... I purchased some coils from them a year or so ago for my
ground control coilovers
that I used to run on my CSP miata.. first they were extremely slow in getting
my order to me.. up
to six weeks.. and then the rates that I ordered were shipped and when I
checked them.. they were
way off.. plus the quality of the coils was really cheap.. I would steer clear
if I were you..
then again this is just from my experience.

Dan
DS ACR

--- Black94PGT@aol.com wrote:
> does anyone have any experience with this company:
>
> PRO-formance Shocks, Inc.
> 1715 Lakes Parkway
> Lawrenceville, GA 30043
> www.proshocks.com
>
> im looking to upgrade the suspension on my 65 cobra replica and am
> considering rear coil overs.  the rear axle is pretty wild except under full
> throttle in a straight line. it definitely needs stiffer springs but i dont
> want to lower it as it currently has 4.5" of clearance and still scrapes a
> little on my driveway.  this company was what was recommended to me.
>
> i dont know what the springs on it now are, but they are really soft- the
> suspension will bottom on bad highway dips at speed.  maybe the shocks are
> shot.  the basic coilovers use 200# springs... the car weighs only 2100 lbs.
> some people use 450# springs which seems crazy stiff to me...  might as well
> weld the axle to the frame. :)
>
> -James Creasy
> President, BAPOC www.klio.net/probe
> CSP rx7 www.klio.net/rx7