RE: Rules -SP

To: "Ba-Autox@Autox. Team. Net" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>, jesvilla@gte.net
Subject: RE: Rules -SP
From: Rick Brown <rbrown7@pacbell.net>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 17:48:56 -0800
Jesus,

You are right.  Replacement valve covers are illegal in SP.
I remember the SEB discussions and member input to change it. It was not
changed because SEB sentiment and member letters felt that aftermarket valve
covers made it easier to hide illegal valve train components in SP.  It
became another question of where you draw the line and in the spirit of what
SP is supposed to be it was felt that an allowance for aftermaker valve
covers would do more harm than good. I agreed with this.

So... not allowing aftermarket valve covers makes it easier to keep the BSP
vettes from sneeking Jessel, etc. valve gear.  In AAX they can run as BSP-V
cars which are more like vintage BP than vintage BSP cars anyway.  ;-)

--Rick Brown
  BP Corvette