Yok A032R or 008RII compared to hoosiers. Help :-)

To: autox@autox.team.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Yok A032R or 008RII compared to hoosiers. Help :-)
From: cobracrosser@jps.net
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 18:47:44 GMT
Hey all, w while back you all sold me on the awesome Kumbos

I need to order tires this week, so I wanted to ask a few more questions.

Being that I am abosolutely sold on the Kumbos, and they are all out of stock
for my 16 inch rims, I need to find another comperable tire for the start of
the season.

My first though was to go with the Hoosier Radial road race tires, so they could
be used for the season of autocross and an occational open track event.

I have been told that the road race compound may not get hot enough for
autocross.
 Does anyone have any experience with this?  I am a bit affraid of the autocross
compound because I cooked a set two years ago from flatspotting them $$$$.

So my next question is... How do the Yok A032R or 008RII's compared to hoosiers?
 I suspect they are slower, but how much?

These tires are going to be used on a high HP but fairly light car at 2200lbs.

What would you do?

Thanks

David and Mary Borden
1965 FFR Cobra