Re: Oakland lives!

To: donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Oakland lives!
From: CCoxx@aol.com
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:58:45 EST
I can add to Don's  comments further.  On the 11-7 date I was the first car,
out first run group, and on the 3-11 date I was again the first car out,
first
run group.  I was amazed at how much more traction there was.  When I ran
on the 11-7 date I went out and DNFed the first turn.  The car simply would
not turn.  Turned the wheel and the car went straight.  At the last event I
went
out turned the wheel and the car stuck.  I was amazed at how much traction
there was.  Better yet the grip improved from my first to third run.  The only
problem the surface has is that a lot of gravel loads up on the outside of the
turns.  The only way around is to hug the inside of the turns or you are
off in the marbles.

Thanks for the ride Don.  Your car is a total blast to drive.  Also a
congratulations
to Jim and Navid on your event.  It was very well run, and went off without
a hitch.

Chris