RE: How to reduce attendance

To: "John J. Stimson-III" <john@idsfa.net>, <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: How to reduce attendance
From: "Kevin Stevens" <Kevin_Stevens@Bigfoot.com>
Date: Fri, 1 Sep 2000 18:03:55 -0700
Try not to take it personally.  Few people, and I don't think any of those I've
seen comment on this thread, dislike having new people.  We recognize them as
being important to the sport, and refreshing in themselves.  Over the past few
years, I would venture that more Steering Committee time has been spent on how
to attract, encourage, and retain rookies than any other single topic.  However,
we are now victims of our own success and need to take some rather urgent steps
to maintain a fun environment for as many people as possible.

Remember that people are ALWAYS welcome to run the regular classes.  We're
discussing limitations to some of the special programs we've created to
encourage new drivers.

KeS