Arie Villasol Second in the Nation

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Arie Villasol Second in the Nation
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 13:22:51 -0700
Arie was less than .1 behind Steve Hoelscher's Fiat X1/9 today, and took
second place over all in the 24 deep D Street Prepared. Ben Martinez was a
quick study in Don Lew's Supra, and finished fifth overall - another
outstanding first foray into the Nationals fire. Rick Myllenbeck hung in
there for sixth.

Meanwhile, in G Stock, Kevin McCormick moved up three spots to third. I
don't know if this was still in a borrowed car or if he got his own
repaired. David Fauth had a hell of a third run to win the class by .4 over
Neal Sapp, driving Peter Mottaz' BMW.

Rick Quinonez, one of our drivers out of Fresno, had an OUTSTANDING third
run today. It's hard to tell looking at the results, but it looks like he
was second or third fastest of the day, and he moved up to sixth place
overall, in a Honda PRELUDE.

And now the best news of all. I can't tell you how happy I am to see this.
I'm even having a hard time typing because I just want to cry. Just
scrolling down the results page was a tremendous physical effort due to the
shaking in anticipation, but am so pleased to report that at her first
National Championships ever, Pam Kannan won D Prepared Ladies by .3 over
Ginna Blair.

Just to see Ginna Blair finish second is wonderful enough. She has improved
so much in just the past sixth months, after autocrossing for so long. Paula
Whitney has been driving for so long, too. Such great improvements by both.
It's just awesome. All three defeated Kim Bollinger, who dominated DPL for
so many years.

It was such a battle between the three of them. First runs, all were within
.1 of eachother. Pam had a scratch time on her second run that was almost a
full two seconds ahead of the field on her second, but she hit a cone. She
set the fastest run by .9 on her third. Meanwhile, the mother-daughter duo
were only .04 apart.

C Stock Ladies and C Prepared is next.

kk