Jim Martin Sticks It Out!

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Jim Martin Sticks It Out!
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Wed, 13 Sep 2000 12:01:50 -0700
A man made more famous in these parts for leaving after the first day at
National events, or sometimes turning around before even getting there, Jim
Martin stepped into Derek Butts' CS MR-2 and trophied at the Solo II
Nationals.

The first day, I can't remember where he was, but he was way out of it. I
was concerned. However, a quick scan of the results show that Jim took the
15th and final trophy position.

Trophying at Nationals is no small accomplishment. Just sticking around for
two days for Jim is a miracle. Trophying must be icing on the cake. Great
job by Jim.

Derek Butts - .5 way from victory over all. He takes the fifth trophy spot
in a competitive field of MR-2s, Miatas, and Porsche 924S. What a tight race
amongst a field of some phenominal drivers.

SFR is racking up those National points. We'll take the overall trophy, no
doubt about it.

DSP and DPL are next. I have to go run and get some lunch, but I have to
tell you, the anticipation is killing me. If any of you see the results
before I get back, PLEASE do not hold back in adding your own color
commentary.

This is your friendly Ace Reporter, signing off.