Barry Spencer Commands E Modified

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Barry Spencer Commands E Modified
From: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>
Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2000 10:23:33 -0700
Did I not call it? Barry Spencer, E Modified, Lotus Europa, has taken a
strong lead, by .6 over Dan Wasdahl out of Ohio, in another Lotus Europa.
Defending multi-national champ Steve Tamandli is in third, .1 back.

This is a good start for Spencer; however, the Karen Babb designed north
course is chicane intensive. Also, according to Arie Villasol, it's the kind
of course where, if you fall behind, you're time will increase,
exponentially. It's a driver's course, in other words. You've got to stay on
top, or it'll eat you alive.

Street Modified. I'm sure we're all wondering how Navid Kahangi in his M3 is
fairing.

For those of you who don't know, Bob Tunnell had earlier in the year
inquired about running his M3 in SM, but was talked out of it by the class
president, Dennis Grant. Little did he know about Navid, who was .1 away
from winning SM at the Pro Finale.

Unfortunately, I for the life of me cannot find the SM results. They're
running with EM, yet I can't find a single SM name in the results. We'll
probably have to wait 'til later.

Cal Club's Rita Wilsey has a .9 lead in A Stock Ladies, in a Honda S2000 of
all things. Annie Gill out of Washington is in second, in another Honda.
Anna Hedly, another Northwesterner, hit a cone on her third run in her
Boxster, which would have catipulted her two second, just .6 behind Wilsey.
She's currently sitting in fourth.

See it all for yourself at:

http://www.scca.org/amateur/solo2/2000nationals/results/

Katie K.