Just saw opening practice for the USGP at Indy...

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Just saw opening practice for the USGP at Indy...
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>
Date: Fri, 22 Sep 2000 10:15:51 -0700
...on Speedvision; got a couple minutes in before running to work.  The
track actually looks pretty cool.  I think they mentioned that the front
straight is something like 3000 feet long, and is followed by a pretty slow
corner, so hopefully there will be at least one pass.  Even on TV you can
tell that the previously insane shreik of V10s at 18,500rpm is even louder
here as it bounces off the grandstands.  Man, it must really be something.
Next year.  Next year...

Peter Thana

BTW here are the F1 USGP TV schedules that I found for the weekend:

Fox Sports Bay Area:
Fri. 11a-12p:  Opening practice
Sat. 11a-12:30p: Qualifying
Sun. 10a-1pm:  Race