Rookie Mentor Program...

To: "Bay Area Autocross List" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rookie Mentor Program...
From: "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>
Date: Sun, 24 Sep 2000 12:30:54 -0700
Based on our discussions earlier in the month, it sounds like there is
some real enthusiasm for resurrecting the Rookie Mentor program.
Having somebody hook up with first-timers to show them how to
successfully compete at an autox is gonna make 'em feel more welcome
and is gonna result in better workers and more clueful participants.

Since the first slush event happens in only a week, we probably
oughta get going on it, if we want it to happen.  I'm gonna pretty
much have my hands full with the normal rookie herding stuff --
setting up the rookie coursewalk, trying to get instructors hooked
up with students, etc.

Is there anybody willing to step up to head the Rookie Mentor program?
For that matter, I sure could use a co-chair for the rookie stuff,
as I'm not going to be at all of the slush events...

Kevin
kml@patheticgeek.net