Re: Rookie Mentor Program...

To: "Alan Gruner" <algruner@yahoo.com>, "Kevin Lahey" <kml@patheticgeek.net>,
Subject: Re: Rookie Mentor Program...
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 16:57:06 -0700
Alan,

That's a misconception.  We will welcome rookies and try to
treat them as well or better than before.  We are trying to
discourage those who just want one ride.  I expect there will be
about the same number of rookie competitors -- those who run
at least three Slush events.  There won't be the dozens of
rookies who run once.  Our whole field of rookie competitors
already have their SCCA cards.

Will this discourage new rookies who don't know whether they
want to run more than once?  Some, but they will still be able
to run events with UFO, Miata Club, BMW Club, NASA,
Sacramento, AAS, etc and see whether they like it.
If they do, they will be welcomed and rookied to death.
Er, Ah, well rookied to their hearts content -- after they
have their SCCA card.

Kevin,  I will help, too.  May not make 10/1, but after that.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps
rouler!