Re: Formula 1 Report

To: Lee_Darzycki@amat.com, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Formula 1 Report
From: Sethracer@aol.com
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 11:33:11 EDT
In a message dated 9/25/00 7:46:14 AM Pacific Daylight Time, Lee_Darzycki
forwarded:

<< McClaren builds almost 100% of the parts, with the exception of the
engines, which come from Mercedes/Ilmore (originally Roger Penske's Chevy
small block motors).  >>

Not exactly - How about "(IImore is the same source as the Chevy sponsored,
Illmore designed, Indy race motor that Penske, and others used at Indy in the
1990's)" - That is the correct description, No Chevrolet small block parts
were used in the design of this motor, or any Ilmore motor.

It was a great insider report. I'm envious - All I got to do was watch and
tape the race on Speedvision and Fox Sports.  - Seth Emerson