Re: FWD question

To: Peter Mottaz <mph_16@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: FWD question
From: Chris Kannan <CKannan@pacbell.net>
Date: Mon, 25 Sep 2000 10:26:05 -0700
Peter:

You have an open differential on your front wheel drive van.  You should note
that if you have the engine off and turn one wheel by hand the other will turn
in the opposed direction.  Positraction has both wheels engaged and the they
will rotated (in some predetermined percentage) in the same direction.  As far
as your differential is concerted, it is doing the right thing.  Most cars FWD
and RWD are really OWD (one wheel drive), many so called 4WDs are 2WDs (one side
in the front and one side in the rear).  Very few "live axels" in the street
legal world.

Chris Kannan
49 DP CRX (Pam Kannan's pit boy and tire warmer)