Re: Integra LS '96 - 15' rims for E-Stock?

To: Dmitry Akhootin <big_gun@axon.ru>, ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Integra LS '96 - 15' rims for E-Stock?
From: "Donald R McKenna" <donbarbmckenna@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 23:07:22 -0700
Dmitry,

You wrote:

>Is it possible to use 15x6 (e.g. GS-R) rims on my LS and still
>stay in stock class? (I have 14' steel now)

I think the simple answer is no.

>There's a couple of questions here, as far as I understand.
>First, was 15' rims offered with '96 Integra LS?  I've heard there
>was a "special edition" model, but could not find anything on the net.

We have a '96 LSS (Special Edition) and it came with the same 14" painted
aluminum wheels as other non-special edition models.

>Then, the other question is - do I understand correctly that if
>there was no 15' rims option for 96 Integra LS, I can't legally
>use them even though '99 and '00 Integra LS goes with those rims
>as a standard equipment?

You're correct, you can't legally use them as your car is now configured. In
order to use a part of an option package (or model identity) you must
convert the car to the specs of the entire package. In other words, in order
to use a part of the '96 GSR package on your '96 LS you have to convert your
car to the specs of the complete GSR package. Not a very practical thought.

Even where less complex option packages are/were offered, say a package
consisting of HD springs and stabalizer bars, all parts of the option
package must be added/ exchanged with the original non-HD components. In
this simple example there's still another "wrinkle" and that is that any
front stabalizer bar can be used on stock class vehicles as long as the
original mounting points are utilized to mount the different bar.

        Don