Announcing Team Sloth!

To: "'ba-autox@autox.team.net'" <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Announcing Team Sloth!
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 12:06:07 -0800
Ok, since no one has responded to the Long-Hair challenge, I have decided to
form my own team.  We will unite in the quest for short-haired glory.  It
will be a battle for the ages!  Here are the details:

Team Three-Toed Sloth Racing (TTSR)

Current Team Roster:

EJ Bayliss              AS Toyota MR2T
Elbert Chin             GS Honda Prelude SH
Navid Kahangi           AP (SM) BMW M3
Kevin Lahey             BS Mazda Miata
Donald Lew              AS BMW M3 or mysterious son's car
Erin O'Boyle            GS Acura Integra R
Sean O'Boyle            GS Acura Integra R
John Stimson            BS Mazda Miata
Peter Thana             AS BMW Z3 Coupe

At least three of us will likely run street tires (hey, our mascot is a
sloth, and sloths don't like changing tires).  As you can see, we are united
not by numerous National Championships, but by the sheer joie de vivre that
can only come from team competition!  That and a small magnetic decal
bearing the likeness of Lucky, the three-toed sloth.

We will compete on PAX points as awarded by NASA.  Obviously, not all of us
can make it to every event, but I think we will end up with about the same
number of competitors as the Long Hair team.  If not we can drop points or
something.  Anyone else may join the team if needed, provided that you have
short hair.

See you all there Sunday!

Peter