RE: BMW 330ci

To: "'Kelly, Katie'" <kkelly@spss.com>
Subject: RE: BMW 330ci
From: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>
Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2000 16:40:33 -0800
Assume GS, since the class restructuring has been delayed.  Didn't look like
the E46 328Ci was that competitive, so I don't see why the 330 would have an
unfair advantage.  Remember, the new 3 series cars (save the M) are not
available with limited slip.

As a side note, a friend of mine got one of these recently and I drove it
around for a while.  I can't believe how light they made the steering this
year.  The effort is very similar to the last Camry I drove.  I know some
people don't mind, but I'm disappointed that BMW seems to be using the ///M
brand to promote their sporting image while dumbing down the rest of their
products for non-enthusiasts.  It's a trend that I hope will not continue.
No offense to '01 3 series owners though, I do not doubt your enthusiasm.

Having said that, the current object of my lust is another BMW Group
product, the new Mini.  I'm so tempted to put my name down so that for the
next two years I can dream of buying one with all the money I don't have.

Peter