Re: Marina 11/19

To: ba-autox@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Marina 11/19
From: Dennis Hale <dhale_510@yahoo.com>
Date: Tue, 21 Nov 2000 07:41:26 -0800 (PST)
The event was a rousing success. We had 136
competitors, better weather than in July, 4 runs of
over a minute each, fun runs before dark, and raised
about $2200 for the Marina library. This was about
twice the amount we dared hope we could raise!
Thanks again to the group that stuck around and helped
pick up, we were loaded and off the site by dark.
Peggy and I are headed out of town [inlaws for
Thanksgiving] and then on to teach the streetschools
this weekend at Thunderhill. While the results will
likely be compiled in her laptop while driving the
Miata to Eureka today, do not expect to see them until
about Thursday 11/29 in the mail. Perhaps Kevin and
Peggy will conspire to post them a bit sooner in the
ether here, but???
I was not too pleased with my course Sunday, Bowles
beat me convincingly, over a half second! Durn
younguns 8-]. So expect a much more open, well at
least not with three long decreasing turns, and
perhaps simpler course 12/17. Isn't it funny how we
find a 20' lane so narrow now days? Anyone else
remember how acceptable those typically 15' wide lanes
were at Pleasanton?
Also remember the toy donation aspect for the December
17 event. Please bring new toys that are not Christmas
wrapped. We will be giving the lot of them to the
local Salvation Army Charity kid's Christmas program,
as well as the money raised at that event.

=====
Dennis Hale

http://shopping.yahoo.com/