Re: It's quiet....

To: <navid@interwoven.com>, "Kit Wetzler" <kitwetzler@mindspring.com>
Subject: Re: It's quiet....
From: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 14 Dec 2000 18:07:14 -0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Navid Kahangi" <nkahangi@interwoven.com>
To: "Scot Zediker" <roadsterboy@earthlink.net>; "Kit Wetzler"
<kitwetzler@mindspring.com>
Cc: "Thana, Peter {High~Palo Alto}" <PETER.THANA@Roche.COM>; "Jim Ochi"
<jochi@ricochet.net>; <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Sent: Thursday, December 14, 2000 4:19 PM

> Scot whines about lack of power...

It's not whining.  On a road course, power is much more of a factor than at
autocross.  I can remember from the one and only open track day I've done so
far at Sears Point, a couple of other guys out there (both were in BMW's,
BTW).  One was in an M5.  Coming into turn 7, he'd be right on my bumper,
but I could pull pretty far ahead through the Esses.

The other was a fellow in an M Roadster and this time I was following him.
He'd pull away from me on the long straights (turn 12 exit to turn 1a entry
and between T6 and T7), but I'd be right on his bumper in the Esses (can you
tell I love driving that part of Sears?).  If I'd had power to weight like
them, they would never have seen me again because my car is quite a bit
lighter than theirs (IIRC, an M Roadster is somewhere just south of 3000 lb
and an M5 is around 4000; my Miata weighs about 2300 with me in it).

> WHINE WHINE WHINE!!!  Isn't that the same guy who said BMW stands for
> Blocking My Way?!?!  :)

Yes it is, and what of it?

> And maybe if you were not driving in circles so much you could beat him on
> track! :)

And maybe if I had a car I didn't mind throwing away (not to mention more
money), I'd come out and play with you guys on the track.  Until then, I'm
not going to do it.  I'll just continue to enjoy autoxing and baiting you
Bimmer geeks :-b

Scot