RE: (BAMP) Question about a-x run groups

To: Steve Bangert <steve@mathworks.com>, BA-AUTOX@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: (BAMP) Question about a-x run groups
From: Jim Ochi <jochi@ricochet.net>
Date: Sat, 30 Dec 2000 16:29:15 -0800
At 01:36 PM 12/29/2000 -0800, Steve Bangert wrote:
>Excuse my butting in on this conversation but I noticed mention of an auto
>cross group at NASA.  Is this something anyone can participate in?  Is
>there a web site I can check out?  Are there any other auto cross groups
>beside SFR-SCCA and AAS that I've discovered so far?

Um, just to be clear, this is the National Auto Sport Association, not the
outer-space NASA.  Anyone can participate, even if they aren't rocket
scientists. :-)

Other autox groups - there are many marque-specific clubs out there that
hold autocrosses and other driving events for their members.  For example,
Porsche, BMW, Shelby, Ferrari, and Tiger owners all have clubs that have
autocrosses.  There are also the three different chapters of the SCCA (SF,
Sac, and Fresno) that each have an autox series, along with other chapters
like Reno, and Cal Club.  Best bet - pick up a copy of the Pylon, and check
out the event calendar...

Jim