Re: Koni shock question

To: Larrybsp@aol.com
Subject: Re: Koni shock question
From: "Rob Weinstock" <weinstro@hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 04 Jan 2001 19:40:58
>I use the yellow Koni Sports on my Corvette, same as
>you. A few questions? Do you leave the shocks set at their autocross
>setting
>when you drive on the street? If so the shocks won't last. How many turns
>are
>you tightening the valve? Any more than one full turn and they will go away
>quickly. FWIW.

Thanks for the response, Larry.

I always reset the shock valving to the minimum setting before leaving the
autocross event. Even with the hard-to-get-to rears.

As far as turns go, you may be on to something. Initially, I never went more
than one full turn. I discussed this with Lee Grimes, of Koni NA, and was
informed that you can in fact turn them more. I still never run them full
hard, more like 1.25 - 1.5 turns for three runs, and then back to full soft.
At any rate, perhaps it was my misunderstanding, but I inferred that it was
OK to run the autox events at > 1 turn; just that they should not be left
there.

Anyway, is there criteria to differentiate between "normal weeping" and
"blown"? Also, who rebuilds these things?

Regards,

Rob Weinstock