Re: Koni shock question

To: Kirk Meline <KMeline@iscribe.com>
Subject: Re: Koni shock question
From: Kit Wetzler <kitwetzler@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 05 Jan 2001 10:38:42 -0800
Kirk Meline wrote:

> Why don't you just buy some Tokico's and not worry about breaking, screwing
> with the settings, leaks, etc?  Those Konis always seem to be breaking.
> Just my observation.

and risk the adjustors breaking off, and the seals blowing out and fluid
barfing all over your driveway?  :)  I've had really bad luck with
Tokico's on my cars.  The Illuminas are not revalveable and aren't stiff
enough for use with coilovers, but they work ok for stock class.  The
Blues are basically worthless.  I really like Konis, but Bilsteins are
probably the best in terms of longevity.

        -kit
        97 m3, w/ H&R coilovers that use a somewhat bilstein-ish strut