Re: Koni Shocks

To: Derek Butts <pnc1@earthlink.net>, Rob Weinstock
Subject: Re: Koni Shocks
From: craig boyle <craig_autox@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2001 10:32:11 -0800 (PST)
I recently replaced my Miata's Koni's. The old shocks
had been on 3 cars over a period of 5-6 years, often
set full stiff for extended periods (i.e. I lost the
adjusting knob). This is with 30+ autox's and track
events a year and about 7k miles a year. Total mileage
would have been 50k'ish.

.. well anyway, the old shocks drove OK up until the
end, I replaced them as a pro-active maintenance. I'd
come to believe that the old shocks must be gone and
"that's why I wasn't going fast". I was surrpised, the
new shocks might be a tad more responsive, but there
isn't much difference. I'm sure I couldn't tell the
difference in a blind test.

 There was no visible leakage on the old Koni's.

Craig