seeking oil filter and tire info

To: Autocross List <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: seeking oil filter and tire info
From: "Michael R. Clements" <mrc01@flash.net>
Date: Mon, 08 Jan 2001 16:23:34 -0800
I'm about to do the 4k oil change on my Roadster, which has the
4.6L Ford Cobra V8. This is the earliest point at which they
recommend to use synthetic oil, so the Mobil 1 synthetic 5-30 is
going in. My question is what kind of filter to use. I was going
to buy a Mobil 1 filter but nobody seems to stock them so I'd
have to special order a few. So before I do that I was wondering
if anyone had any recommendations for a low-restriction, good
quality oil filter. I've heard of other brands that are supposed
to be good, like Ammzoil. Incidentally, I looked inside of a K&N
oil filter and the inside center gasket was install incorrectly,
which left me less excited about that brand. At some point in the
not too distant past I had the URL of a web site where a guy
ripped apart some oil filters, took photos and reported on the
internal construction, but I seem to have lost that link.

Also, what's the latest story on Kumho comp tires in 18" sizes? I
heard a rumor they would come out this month. . .

Regards,

--
Michael R. Clements
mrc01@flash.net