Re: "objectionable" sponsorship?

To: <ba-autox@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: "objectionable" sponsorship?
From: "Jerry Mouton" <jerry@moutons.org>
Date: Thu, 18 Jan 2001 10:00:56 -0800
Speaking as another member of the Steering Committee,
I'd vote against any move to censor sponsor names.

However, if you advertise this sponsor you are screwing the
whole autocross community, and adding to the risk of maybe
us not getting to run as many events in the future.  Think about
the city fathers (no, mothers) of Albany who happen to show up to see
what this autocrossing thing is about one day.  Bet we maybe
don't get permission to use GGF any more.  Ditto Marina.

I'd vote against censorship, but I may not be able to restrain
myself from throwing eggs at the car.  And harrassing someone at
registration.  And changing a sponsor name on results
to "irresponsibility.com".  Until I was censored.

Jerry

Jerry Mouton        mailto:jerry@moutons.org    Laissez les bons temps
rouler!