Signs

To: KKELLY@spss.com, BA-AUTOX@autox.team.net
Subject: Signs
From: "Craig Haggart, Accelerator Ops" <haggart@SLAC.Stanford.EDU>
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 18:03:47 -0800 (PST)
   > Station markers, though, no one has to wear them, and they
   > just sit there on course, like tombstones. I mean, like
   > buoys. Where do you get them? Anyone?

Consolidated (www.consolidatedplastics.com) sells what they call
"janitorial floor signs" for about $25 (2-sided signs) and $29
(4-sided).  Rubbermaid Products also sells the 2-sided signs,
and their web site claims they are available at K-Mart, Target,
WalMart, and Home Depot.  No price information.  These are the
yellow "caution, wet floor" signs made of plastic, about two
feet tall, with a handle on top.  They fold flat.

An even cheaper solution would be to snag some 5-gallon buckets
from Home Depot or someplace -- ideally the ones that are sort
of rectangular -- and paint numbers on the sides, upside down.
A potential problem with using those as station markers: course
workers might be tempted to use them for seats.  A potential
benefit: they can also be used for storage containers.

If you guys want something like this but nobody has time to do
it, I'll volunteer.  However, I won't be able to attend the
February event, so somebody will have to arrange to meet me or
pick them up before then or they'll have to wait until March.

--
-Craig Haggart
 haggart@slac.stanford.edu