Re: Trailer crew in 3rd heat

To: john@idsfa.net, lbc8@pacbell.net
Subject: Re: Trailer crew in 3rd heat
From: CCoxx@aol.com
Date: Wed, 31 Jan 2001 20:56:37 EST
The problem with the masking tape is that it is to narrow.  I have had a lot
of
experience with masking tape in the last year or so while painting various
rooms in my house.  We can buy masking tape in rolls that are much wider
than the 3/4 in. wide stuff we are using now.  We can buy 2" wide tape that
is very easy to see from a distance.  If we have problems seeing the 2" tape
well then let's buy 3" wide tape!  If there is a problem with contrast than
buy blue instead of brown/tan masking tape. If this is what we want I can go
to Home Depot
and buy ten rolls of the stuff for the registration table.

 As far as card sorting goes, give the card sorter and the grid person each a
radio on a different channel than the course and cone count people.  When
the grid person is about to send a car to the staging line radio the card
sorter
and tell them the car they just sent.  When the card sorter hears the number
called to them pick out that card and slide it UNDER the previous card given
to the announcer.  This puts the cards in order automatically for the
announcer.
Pilar and I used this method in the fourth run group to make up for the slow
third run group.  It works GREAT.  It won't work though if the next grid
person
and card sorter don't communicate and use this protocol.  I feel that it works
so well that we should make it a standard practice at all events.  Let's
train all
card sorters and grid people to use this method and in the future all run
groups
will go as smoothly as the fourth group did last weekend.

Chris