RE: On behalf of newbies

To: Dan USA <dandalen@usa.net>, BA-AUTOX@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: On behalf of newbies
From: "J. Ochi" <jochi@ricochet.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Feb 2001 12:11:10 -0800
As everyone else has said, it's all on the job training.  Tech and Starter
are fairly simple to learn, Grid a little more complex (especially if you
have a bunch of multi-driver cars), but still not too hard.

Timing/Scoring/Announcing, the motorhome jobs, are a little higher-pressure
jobs since you need to keep up with cars starting/ending every 25 seconds
or so, calls from the course, accurate scoring, etc.  So, if you don't like
working under pressure, please don't volunteer to work in the motorhome.

Anyway, probably the best way to learn Tech, Starter, or Grid is to just
pitch in and help out during one of the run groups where you aren't already
working.  Just go up to the person who's doing that job, and ask them to
teach you what to do...

Jim