Re: I DIDN'T LOSE TO GS ALREADY!

To: "Kelly, Katie" <kkelly@spss.com>,
Subject: Re: I DIDN'T LOSE TO GS ALREADY!
From: Andy McKee <andrewmckee@yahoo.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Feb 2001 19:25:58 -0800 (PST)
Yep, Katie, you were a whole .3 ahead of an underprepped GS car in an
underprepped SM car.  I will say that the Oakland surface is better than the
last time I ran it.  However, it still does not grip well at all and the debris
buildup off the popular line is significant.

It seems to me that Jesus is making some objective statements on the condition
of the surface and how it affects different cars differently.  The people who
are making it an "issue" are confusing the site condition and putting on a fun,
successful event.  One does not require the other.

Personally, I had fun running my new grocery getter around on brand new, barely
scrubbed Kumhos.  While I occasionally talk up my performance in proper trash
talkin' fashion, I shouldn't be PAXing in the top 10 in an undeveloped car (on
a run a full second off of my best scratch) unless factors like a soft GS PAX
and very poor traction figure in.

None of our Bay Area sites (Oakland, GGF, or 3COM) are any good for car setup,
unless you only run those sites.  As a frequent National event competitor, I
run at these sites for the enjoyment of flogging my car around and seeing
friends, and run up in Sacramento when I need to prepare seriously (and have
fun and see other friends).  YMMV.

-Andy